Monday, September 5, 2011

Pocatello Half Marathon

Was I crazy? Probably. I know I wasn't thinking straight. But I did it. I ran my very first half marathon this last weekend in Pocatello. Despite the pre-race jitters and all the anxiety and training for the past few months, it all paid off and I actually had a pretty great time. I even shaved a minute and a half off of each mile I ran and ended up running it in a faster pace than anticipated.

Here I am around mile 9 and feeling great!
  This mile had a pretty funny story. Nate met up with me around this time and was jogging along with me for a few yards and ended up tripping and falling right on his face. I didn't know if I should stop or not and and as I was slowing down and looking back, I see Nate sprawled on the road waving his hand and shouting, "Go on without me!"  It was a pretty great moment. The guy running right next to me commented,  "Now we know why he didn't sign up for the marathon."  I pretty much laughed my way into the finish line after that.
 My awesome medal after the finish line.
And of course my greatest supporter!

I never thought I would say this but I just might try it again. But next time Nate is going to be doing it with me. He doesn't know that yet.

6 comments:

eL said...

Ummm... just laughed out loud. I'm sorry it's at Nates expense.
Congrats on making the run. It's impressive.

Christy Gunnell said...

You are amazing! Remember when we use to struggle just running tongue ISU gym? Look at you now!

Kristin said...

You shaved a minute and a half off your minutes? I'd say that's amazing! Way to GOO!!!!

Shantel said...

Oh, Nate. . . . I'm laughing!!! What a sight!! haha!! And WAY TO GO my friend!!! Good work!

tjayandjulie said...

Yay for Kayla!!!

Unknown said...

too funny! way to go nate! i mean, karla! speedy mcqueen!