Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gotta Love Pinterest

This summer has been so great because I have been able to take advantage of all the Pins that I have on Pinterest. Nate is always asking me, "Did you get that off of Pinterest?" Why yes, as a matter of fact I did. And I am never disappointed. Here are a few of the many things that I have been up to thanks to Pinterest:

I re-did our TV stand. It use to be ugly laminate and I was able to learn how to paint over laminate using a special primer. Then I painted it a pretty blue. Thanks Martha Stewart paint colors! (Sorry, no before pictures).

  I made this cute burlap wreath for our front door. I could never find a wreath I loved. Finally I did.
 And of course I had to try out one of the many "tips" I Pin. Genius...magnet strip to hold all my bobby pins. Why didn't I think of that one?
 My all time favorite. A scrabble board game for the wall. I just so happen to already have a magnet board so I only had to Mod-Podge some old dictionary pages on it and then glue these special little magnets onto the back of scrabble pieces. I love it!
 Here's a close up.
Not to mention some of the many recipes I've tried. My favorite for dinner: Cilantro Tacos. Check them out here.

And my all time favorite quick and easy dessert: Cookie in a Mug. How did I not know about this?!

I can't wait for more projects!

5 comments:

eL said...

Love all of this. I really need to make some of my things on Pinterest too. But first I gotta try this cookie in a mug!!!!

Mel Eppich said...

Alright friend- I've decided that we've lived too far apart for too long. i'm putting kel to work on a transporter because with all your craftiness and the upcoming excitement- i don't want to just have to read about it-I WANT TO BE THERE! LOVE LOVE YOUR FACE!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh you are amazing! I have like a jillion pins, and am pretty sure that I've done like ONE thing off of there. Yay me! I especially love the wreath - good job!

Kristin said...

Yay for Pinterest! You HAVE been busy!! Very cute stuff too! The scrabble one would be fun to leave little messages for each other. :)

Shantel said...

Nice work on your projects!!! And Beau teases me ALL the time about Pinterest too! Where would we be without it?!?! haha!