Monday, May 13, 2013

An Award Well Deserved

You know, when I married Nate I knew that I married way above and beyond me...but each and every day I am more and more in awe. I love it. So the other day I stopped in at his work and his co-worker says to me,"Isn't that pretty exciting about Nate's news?!" I ask, "What news?" And then she proceeds to tell me he got nominated for the "FRIST HUMANITARIAN AWARD" at EIRMC. I guess it's a pretty big award and Nate decided it wasn't worth mentioning to me. Well thank goodness I found out because the next week he was awarded it with 2 other awesome individuals who work for EIRMC. 

It's a pretty big and awesome deal. His fellow co-workers submitted his name for the award and his was chosen as one of the winners. He received money to go towards a charity of his choice (he picked Haitian Roots) and of course some awesome and well needed recognition for all his service at his work and in the community. Some of the things they said about Nate was his kindness towards all patients he works with as well as how he goes out of his way to make it a better experience for them. One of the things he has done for patients is a celebration on their last day of treatments. He bought a bubble machine and a disco light and they play some fun music as the patient walks out the door on their last day of treatment. It's a pretty fun experience. 

Then at the ceremony they mentioned how he has gone to Haiti 2 different times to make a difference for the children over there. Oh and not to mention he donated a small organ to his best friend. It was a pretty great feeling sitting in the audience and hearing all these wonderful things about my very own husband. He looked super uncomfortable. He hates being recognized but I am so glad he was awarded this awesome recognition!  

(And of course he rarely takes a serious picture).
Not only is he an exceptional individual at work and in the community, he is an awesome dad. Even when he gets pooped on and has to clean the awesome mess. (On a side note for those of you who have been wondering, it's been 8 days in a row that the little dude has had a major poop blowout. It's been pretty fun.)
He is such a great dad to Emmett and they love each other so much. Nate is the only one Emmett will cuddle up to and fall asleep with. 
Sorry about this post Nate but i think you are pretty amazing and wanted to brag about you!

2 comments:

markandjenny said...

Nate is pretty much amazing and definitely earned the right to be recognized. He makes me want to be a better person. Way to go Nate!

Unknown said...

what an awesome guy! congrats, nate! you've done a LOT of good in your young life.