Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spur of the Moment

So awhile back I found out that Josh Groban was doing a tour and would be in Boise and Salt Lake in October. I thought that would be so much fun to go to but realized I would have a small baby that would probably require me to feed her. So I made the sacrifice (which really wasn't a big deal) and forgot about the whole ordeal. Fast forward to a week ago...

My dear friend Nicole ended up going to the Boise concert and fell in love with Josh and convinced me we should go to the Salt Lake concert since little Kay Kay has to be supplemented these days. I pretty much bought tickets that day and a week later we were making the drive down there. 

I ended up getting us some pretty awesome seats for only getting the tickets a week in advance. Probably thanks to someone re-selling theirs at a much cheaper price.
 Let's just say the concert was absolutely amazing!! He was fantastic live!  The sound and lights and all the effects were awesome.
He was really funny between songs too. We were enjoying every single moment and were very sad when it ended. 
So instead of going home right after the concert like normal people, Nicole convinced me we needed to wait outside by his bus and maybe we could get his autograph. (She ended up doing that in Boise and was now a pro at celebrity stalking).

So that's exactly what we did!  He ended up not being outside for very long so I didn't push my way through the crowd and get his autograph, but I did get to see him up close. It was pretty fun. 
But we did get to meet his violinist who was super nice and very down to earth. He was also absolutely amazing at the concert. Check out some of his stuff here. 
It was an awesome 12 hour trip that we didn't regret. I totally recommend going to one of his concerts! 



3 comments:

markandjenny said...

JEALOUS! Love him

Mel Eppich said...

you look absolutely beautiful friend. I miss your face

Unknown said...

totes jealous! i've seen advertisements for his tour and WISH i could go too.