Monday, November 12, 2012

The Perfect Weekend

We had the most special and memorable weekend of our lives. Writing about it really doesn't do it justice. It was so amazing.
 
On November 3rd at 11am we got sealed together as a family in the Rexburg Temple. Words cannot describe this wonderful and sacred experience. We feel so complete now! 
 This little guy was so sweet and happy the whole time and decided to sleep when we took pictures. The moment we walked into the Temple he just smiled at everyone. Then right after the sealing he was so happy and was smiling and cooing at us as we held him in the sealing room. So very special. There is no doubt he definitely knew what was going on.
  The day was so perfect in every possible way. It was very special to us to be sealed as a family in the same Temple Nate and I were married in right after it was dedicated.  We are so thankful to our family and friends who spent this wonderful day with us.
Then on Sunday we were able to bless our little sweet spirit. Again he was so happy and so good. I was told later in the day that while Nate was giving Emmett his blessing, Emmett was looking up at Nate the whole time and smiling. (We won't give away the person(s) who had their eyes open during the blessing).
 We love our Emmett and are so thankful for our many many blessings.
 I wish I could eloquently write about all the wonderful memories and experiences of this weekend but I don't want to take away from the sweet and wonderful spirit we felt.

We are so blessed!


7 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

I am so happy for you Kayla! What a beautiful weekend and what a beautiful little forever family! Emmett is SO lucky that you are his parents!

Mel Eppich said...

Best day ever! Thank you so much for letting us share such a sacred weekend with you! Love your little family to pieces! ps I know who the delinquent priesthood holder was. . . I'll kick his little tushy- but it was so special :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Kayla. Such a blessed day.

Shantel said...

Reading this post brought tears to my eyes. What a special weekend for sure! I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing!

Christy Gunnell said...

I loved reading this post. I'm so happy for you guys. He is so so adorable!

Unknown said...

That really was so special. I loved seeing you and your cute little Emmett. I'm so so so happy for you. We'll have to go out when I visit at Christmas time. Thank goodness I married an Idaho boy so I could see you every once in awhile!

markandjenny said...

LOVE