Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Havin a Burfday!

January is all about birthdays. We have lots of family with birthdays in January but they all really lead up to the most important one......mine! This year was especially important because it's the last year in my 20's. Yikes!

But let's just say at least I'm not 60. (Sorry mom). Nate and I came up with a fun idea to let everyone know mom was turning 60.

First we made this awesome sign...
Then Nate drove up late one night to decorate their lawn with the sign and 40+ Pink Flamingos.  
I think it was a hit. Let's just say they live on the perfect corner to allow for a lot of honking!
 A few days later it was the most special day. You guessed it...my birthday. 
I got spoiled as usual..
I thought I had too many candles on my cake. 
 Nate gave me this awesome tandem bike complete with a little carrier for Emmett. I doubt we will hook up the carrier to the tandem bike. I don't think we have the skills for that yet. I can't wait to use it this summer!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I am soooooo sad I didn't drive by your parent's house on your mom's birthday! And that is an awesome bike!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE the idea for your mom's b-day, I totally want to do that to mom too!

I am so jealous of that bike carrier, I want one! (Plus I'd love a tandem bike because I'd sit in the back and pretend like I was pedaling, but I really wouldn't be! He could do all the work and I"d go on a leisurely bike ride!)

eL said...

Happy Birthday friend!! Looks like it was a great one.

Shantel said...

Sweet bike!!! And great idea for your mom!!! I bet she loved it!!! haha!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday karla & mrs robinson! i hope everyone honked a whole bunch for her & the pink flamingos!