Sunday, August 11, 2013

40 Years

We had quite the fun weekend. One of the big events was celebrating Ma and Pa's 40th Wedding Anniversary. We (the siblings) decided to surprise the Padres with a little celebration. My oldest brother and his family drive down for the weekend. Unfortunately my other brother and his family weren't able to make it but they were there in spirit (and we were able to Skype with them).

We decided to throw a "70's" theme party since they were married in 1973. When the parents showed up, we surprised them in the backyard with decorations, family, and food. 

Here was the decor. Thanks a lot in part to my sis-in-law. 
You can't really tell, but I was able to etch a couple of glasses with "40" on them.
 The food table (minus the delicious food catered by Famous Dave's). In the corner was a blown up pic of my parents from their wedding album. I blew up a few of these pictures after I stole their wedding album from their house. 
 And the decor downstairs. We played a lot of fun "70's" games and had it all decked out in 70's decorations. It was quite the party! We also had a disco ball thanks to Nate!
 Cute parents. 
 And the family together. (Minus Jake, Cindy, Blaine, and Ty). Skip even joined in the picture.
 Towards the end of the party, Nate brought out the bubble machine. 
The kids loved it!
We love you mom and dad and are so grateful you found each other and have been together for 40 years!

2 comments:

markandjenny said...

E looks so grown up! Too bad you redid your 70s basement, you could have had an awesome themed party down there;)

Beth Willmore said...

Your parents are so cute!! Good job with the '70's themed party! (For entertainment you could have just watched 'That 70's Show'. Maybe you should consult me next time before the party so I can help you out with such important things like that!)

Those shirts are awesome btw and especially love the disco ball! In fact, I think I'm going to put one in my bedroom RIGHT NOW!