Monday, October 1, 2012

Nursery

I have to do a little post on baby Emmett's nursery. I'm pretty proud of it and it all came together in about a week. (I made sure to leave things to the last minute).
 
Here it is...Ta DA! 
 I went with a gray, blue, and yellow theme. The first thing I did was paint the walls gray and the dark trim white. It took 4 coats to paint that ugly dark trim and the closet doors. It was a bit of a pain. I was going to convert the rest of the upstairs dark trim to white but decided I didn't have the motivation to do that. Another time I suppose.
  My mom ended up making these cute crib bumpers. She whipped those things out so fast. Got to love her sewing talent. I couldn't find a large letter "E" anywhere so I cut one out of a big cardboard box and covered it in blue string.
I also saw this mobile on Pinterest and had to make one.  It was very easy and fun to make.
I found cute car prints for free online (sorry you can't see them very well) and I spray painted some dollar store frames yellow to put them in. I also ended up making curtains out of extra fabric I had on hand. All in all it was a very cost efficient project. Just how I like it.

And I couldn't resist posting a smile we captured on camera. Don't you just love that double chin going on now?!


2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable!! Good job with the nursery - I need to have you come and help me with my house, you definitely have the eye for design. I am NOT good at that kind of thing!

Love the yellow and grey too!

Mel Eppich said...

he's getting so big!!! I'm missing it! the nursery is even cuter in person- if thats possible!