Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Family Reunion and a Little Mischievous Boy

This last weekend was one final get together with the whole Esplin clan before some of the older kids go their separate ways to grad school, jobs, and missions. It was fun being with everyone but sad not knowing when that will happen again. 

To start off the events Nate got the family together to participate in a Color Run to help raise money for one of his patients. It was sad knowing I couldn't participate because I can't even walk a mile anymore without feeling like I might break in half. But they had fun. (FYI-the color does not come out of clothes). 
I wasn't surprised one bit about Nate's appearance when he got home. 
 We had a great weekend spending time outside, playing lots of fun games, and eating lots of yummy food. 
And of course this happened....
And then there's this little guy of ours that is into everything these days and thinks he can get anywhere he wants to now. I still need to get on top of baby proofing everything. 

First off, changing his diaper is an absolute joke. It sometimes feels like we are competing in a rodeo to see who can get it done the fastest before he crawls away or gets into something. 


And he now can crawl up the stairs. It seriously happened overnight. I have a feeling he is going to be a climber. Watch out!
 But all his energy sure tuckers the little guy out and he now takes some awesome naps that never happened before. The best is taking one with him in our bed. 
 His two favorites still....his daddy and the camera. Love this little boy so much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I probably should do those freezer meals. Thanks for the site. I feel ready to have this baby... what about you? I'm so happy that you don't have to work. YAY!

Beth Willmore said...

Love that chubby naked bum!! What a stinking little cutie!! You need to come back up to my house and E can play with the kids and play with a million toys and you can recline on my couch and I will feed you grapes and fan you with palm leaves! (Is that enough bribery to get you to come visit again?)

markandjenny said...

Beth totally wins. I bet you choose her house over mine and I can't say that I blame you. How can you compete with that?!