Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Excitement!

Friday was one of the best days. It was an ending to a chapter of my life that I was more than happy to end at this point in time. It was my last day of work for who knows how long. (But I'm hoping a very long time!). 

I've worked at Jefferson School District for the past 5 years as a School Psychologist. It's been a great experience but now that I am finally an official mom I was so ready to be done. Unfortunately I had to finish out this school year because I was under contract when Emmett came into our family. Thankfully I was able to take about a 4 month leave of absence and negotiate with the district and only go back part time to finish the year. But it has been so hard to work and be a mom! Kudos to all those that do it. 
 It was such a happy day packing up my office and throwing things out. 
 Now I get to concentrate all my time on this little dude! Which I'm more than happy to do. I'm so grateful for family and friends who took good care of him while I had to work. 
 And since this little baby girl is due in less than 3 weeks (!!!), I am in super mode to try to prepare everything for  her arrival. I'm  acting like I won't have any time anymore. Maybe it has something to do with having two little ones under the age of 1?! Last night I had Nate help me make some yummy freezer meals so I don't have to worry about cooking when I'm not in the mood or don't have time. He was great to prepare the meat for me since it still makes me quite sick. 
I got the recipes off of Six Sisters Stuff. Love that blog. We made 8 meals and it only took about an hour of preparation. That's my kind of cooking. (Here is the link to the recipes). Now it's onto getting the nursery all ready!

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Congratulations on your last day of work and good job on the freezer meals! You're super mom! Glad Nate helped you and that will be nice when you're not feeling like cooking! (That and Chinese and pizza take out menus...)

Can't wait until she gets here!! Oh and do you need a birth coach? I've never actually delivered a baby vaginally so I think it would be awesome to see what one is all about, so I would totally coach you through it! (Does that sound reassuring to you at all?!)

Unknown said...

holy cow! i didn't know your due date was so soon! yaaaaay! congrats of no more out-of-the-house work!

markandjenny said...

Awesome!!! Wish we could get together one more time in this life;) I could even help with baby prep!

Amber said...

I did a whole bunch of freezer meals right before having Sam too, and it was the best idea ever! Especially since no one from my ward bothered with me (long story). Congrats on getting to be home with the kiddos!