Friday, June 14, 2013

Getting Ready....

It's almost time for this baby girl to arrive. I have been working hard on getting everything checked off on my "To Do" List. I know Nate sure enjoys my list!

Some of the things have been really silly but I feel that they are important to get done. I've pretty much deep-cleaned my whole house, made freezer meals, baby proofed the majority of the house for our little monkey boy, got my hair done, caught up on journals, packed the hospital bag...

...and finally finished baby girl's room/nursery. It was definitely done on a budget and if I had more energy I would have done a lot more to it. But alas, this will have to do. 

Ta Da! The finished room! I was really excited to make it girly. It's a bit cramped with all the furniture but we made it work. The curtains are my favorite thing about this room. I didn't have the energy to make them but I did find them on Amazon for an awesome price! And instead of having to buy 4 panels I only bought 2 and tied them back.
 This is the dresser (well the top of it at least). I had extra fabric from the pillows I made and learned how to make these cute fabric flowers and couldn't resist putting them on a lamp. 
 The pillows. They were really fun to make. The white flower ones are made out of felt. And in the corner are two pictures of ballerinas from my bedroom growing up. I inherited them from my grandma. I loved them growing up, even if I never did dance. 
 Last but not least...the butterfly mobile. Gotta love Pinterest for this one! Super easy and fun to make. I love how dainty it turned out. 
Thanks to my awesome brother and sis-in-law for lending us the crib. If this was a house we loved, I would have definitely painted, especially the awesome dark trim and closet doors. I also have a few more things going up on the walls but I am in no rush. 

Okay baby girl! We are as ready as we can be!

2 comments:

markandjenny said...

So cute Kayla! Can't wait for baby girl to get here--even if that means we won't get together for awhile. If I can do anything let me know!

Brady and Amber said...

Oh I love it!!!! The curtains are perfect! I can't believe it's tomorrow!